Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Where is the my time?

Its a funny life i lead... 4 am in the morning and up to wrap up a presentation at 9 am...I wonder.... where is the my time? Is a job so important? I am no longer in the same physical shape as i was 1 yr back! I am now a slave to either my laptop / iphone / blackberry in any order you choose. Is that what life has come to? Where is the time where i am looking at myself and saying...hey this is a personal goal i need to achieve in say 6 months time frame? Is this what i set out to achieve? Is this going to get me to the place i want to be say 10 yrs down the line! Do i even have an eye on my final goal? Am i working towards it?

Am i able to plan my day out? Am i able to say at the end of a day, that this is where i added value to myself? Am i able to plan anything and stick to my day plan? There are so many variables in life at the moment.... And then i wonder... who will step up and raise his/her hand and say i need to control this... i need to change things here... There lies an answer... It will have to be me!!!!

I guess as i write, the answer just struck me suddenly.. It is about picking up good habits... small things may need to change... sleep at the right time.. work outs.... reading.... there is a host of things really... but the onus will be on me.. It is my life!! So ladies and gentlemen, maybe each one of us needs to take time and take out that 30 minutes in the day and question ourselves!! I just realised... maybe..this is my time!! My own personal time....

cheers,
Bhanu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Purplespell said...

Hey Divy, Yesha here...
dunno how i ever landed on ur blog... at my company we have to launch these new study packages.. and i have been thinking for quite sometime on their look and feel.. (its like u have to change the package of surf every year..) now the product remains the same but packaging different.. so had been mulling over samurai idea... to cut a long story short..landed here thru some turns and twists of the web!
woh man... u can write... am in marcom and i know the paucity of gud writers..

anyways why did i start writing here...well this post of urs is like a monologue and am sure u really not luking for any answer.. as u urself mention.. blogs are today's personal diaries which we choose to share... and commenting on anyone's aloud thought process is certainly delicate... but i guess we all put too much stress on words like goals, adding value everyday... for me the personal yardstick is happy ..happy without guilt.
a workout makes one happy while missing one makes one feel unhappy... similarly bunking office is definitely happy :P but not when u know u have work at the back of ur mind.. so one mite be a workaholic and be happy..sometimes we are a slave to our devices coz somewhere we also enjoy that slavery.. so i guess its all abt the phases in life and being aware of them.. so ... wat am i writing here!!!! i guess u sounded a bit harsh on urself.. while as per me u sound just fine! :)

Divyabhanu Singh said...

Gee thanks for the kind words yesha...Well honestly, if i am not harsh on myself i will never improve...So probably thats how i push myself all the time...Looking forward to your comments going forward..

cheers,
Bhanu